CWL Series – Direct Vent
Standing 29.5″ high, the compact size and zero clearance allows the CWL to be installed safely and easily in areas not approved for other boilers.
The CWL’s round design allows water to circulate completely around the combustion are with the exception of the base, getting the maximum heat exchange. This unique wet-wall unit is designed without a refractory combustion chamber.
Direct Vent model reduces new construction costs by eliminating the chimney.
- FIRING RATE 0.85 to 0.90 GPH – Allows the installer to size the boiler more closely to the home heating needs for greater efficiency. The lowest firing rate, 0.85-89,000 BTU, is necessary for many well insulated homes where the heat loss is minimal.
- COMBUSTION CHAMBER – area circumference is surrounded by water, assures quieter operation while efficiently transferring maximum heat to your home and safe for installation even in zero-clearance areas
- PUMP PRESSURE – The CWL operates at 140 PSI pump pressure for better fuel atomization, thereby having the ability to tolerate fuel oil with heavy ends.
- IGNITION SYSTEM – The CWL Series is standard with a state-of-the-art, solid state ignition system, making it more tolerant to low voltage or voltage fluctuations.
- ELECTRONIC DELAY with Solenoid Valve “clean-cut” Fuel Pump.
- WATER CONTENT – Compared to other wet leg boilers, the CWL-Series has exceptional water content. The first size has 15 gallons of water. High water volume and placement of the coil in the hottest part of the boiler allows for maximum coil performance.
- EFFICIENCIES UP TO 86.2% AFUE – The unique combustion design of the CWL boiler heat exchanger, surrounded by water, assures quieter operation while efficiently transferring maximum heat to your home.
- STANDARD FEATURES- The following built-in features found in all Thermo-Dynamics boilers increase the longevity of the boiler and make the unit easier to service, ensuring maximum efficiency and performance for the life of the boiler.
- BUILT-IN “AIR-SCOOP” – purges air from the system providing a quiet, trouble free hot water heating system without the use of external devices.
- EXTENDED FLANGE COIL – is away from the boiler for easy accessibility. The use of ribbed neck carriage bolts eliminates the problems encountered when a weld stud is broken during servicing. The large coil plate allows for a greater gasket sealing area.
- EASY CLEANING – and maintenance accessibility to combustion areas and the open tubes make it easy for the service technician to thoroughly clean the boiler. No tight, pin-type passage ways with “hidden nooks and crannies”, making a thorough cleaning impossible. A well-maintained boiler continues to perform at higher efficiency and is less likely to develop service problems.
- TOP FLUE CONNECTION – Makes installation easy and simplifies annual servicing.
- OVAL TUBE DESIGN – Makes possible the most efficient utilization of fuel, production of central heat and domestic hot water with the most economical transfer of energy.
- COPPER DOMESTIC HOT WATER COIL – Provides the hot water you need when it is needed. The cost of a separate domestic hot water system is eliminated
- ASME CONSTRUCTION – Designed, constructed and hydrostatically tested in accordance with the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Boiler Code Section IV.
|ASME Code Boiler||GeniSys Control (Beckett)|
|Built-In-Air-Trap||Aquasmart Control or Hydrolevel Control|
|Flush Jacket||007 or Equivalent Circulator (mounted)|
|Insulation||Brass Boiler Drain Valve|
|Altitude, Temperature & Pressure Gauge||Unit Shipped Completely Assembled and Packaged|
|ASME Relief Valve||Approved for Combustible Flooring|
|5 GPM Tankless Heater||National Board Stamped|
|Solid State Ignition Transformer|
|Rear Flue Kit with Built-In Draft Regulator||Less Coil Option Available|
All appliance designs are forced draft pressure fired for optimum performance. They are available with either Beckett, Carlin, or Riello oil burners
|MODELS||CWL 85 EE||CWL 90 EE|
|Net Rating BTU/HR||89,000||94,000|
|Chimney Size||8 x 8 x 15||8 x 8 x 15|
|Over Fire Pressure WC||0 - +0.05||0 - +0.08|
|Water Content||15 GAL||15 GAL|
|Coil Capacity||5 GAL||5 GAL|
|Jacket Height*||29 ½"||29 ½"|
|Coil Supply Height||22"||22"|
|Supply Height (Hydronic)||27 ½"||27 ½"|
|Burner Height||7 ⅞"||7 ⅞"|
|HydronicReturn Height||15 ½"||15 ½"|
|Flue Pipe Diameter||5"||5"|
|Washout (Alt Return Height)||3 ½"||3 ½"|
|Jacket Depth (including flange)||22"||22"|
|Depth Front to Rear w/Burner||30 ¾"||30 ¾"|
|Hydronic Supply||1 ¼"||1 ¼"|
|Hydronic Return Size||1 ¼"||1 ¼"|
|Washout (Alt Return)||1 ¼" (2)||1 ¼" (2)|
|*Specifications apply to CWL, NCWL and CWL-DV except when using REAR FLUE KIT, jacket height increases by 4 ¼ inches.|
Direct Vent Kits
DIRECT VENTING KITS – 10ft., 15ft., 20ft. Includes:
1 – Sized Length of 5″ Stainless Steel Flexible Vent Tubing
1 – Stainless Steel Combination Air Intake Exhaust Vent Hood
1 – 5″ Stainless Steel Flex Tubing Connector
1 – 4″ Tee w/Vacuum Relief
1 – Sized Length of 4″ Aluminum Flexible Intake Tubing
Attaching Screws, Silicon Sealer, Instruction Sheet
Note: Connector Tubing standard NFPA 9″ Clearance to Combustible.